Thursday, June 16, 2011

Can't Get Enough Of Routines!

Nobody really likes routines, though they are helpful, they can sometimes stifle our creativity and our growth. As creative creatures, we want something different, something interesting, and something new. We're sort of like 3 year olds who are attracted to novelty and all things exciting.

The other night, someone (you know who you are) told me that she's tired of the same routines everyday. As she enumerated all the stuff that she's so overwhelmed with, she gets into some sort of panic attack and gets emotional about life.  After venting, she calls it a night and resorts to sleeping her anxieties away. Awww, I felt sad, but what can I do? So my creative mind started to spin and I thought of ways to spark up a boring 1.2.3. life. I know they are only temporary, but maybe they can help.


Here are some of my ideas:
1. Break your rules when it comes to fashion.
If you don't normally wear loud prints or accessories or anything that's so not you, maybe it's time to do so in order to break the cycle of "routine". You'll never know how it will make your day fun, too.

2. Think of something yummy for breakfast.
I don't know about you, but breakfast for me is freakin awesome. It makes me look forward to waking up! You don't have to do it everyday, you can choose just a day to wake up earlier to prepare something extra ordinary. If you usually have toast, maybe it's time to have pancakes, coffee, and a cup of orange juice! Make it a party for you! You deserve to eat breakfast like a Queen/King!

3. Think of someone you want to encourage.
When we get caught up with our usual routines, it's soooo easy to forget to appreciate the people around you at work or at school. It's like they become a blur in the midst of stress or challenges! So make it a point to do something extra special. Text that person a word of encouragement, write a note, or give that person a little snack just to prove how much you appreciate that person.

4. Look forward to something during the day or the week.
Making plans such as dropping by a bookstore or meeting up with friends, or simply buying a good lunch will definitely add spark to your usual routine. It works for me and it keeps me feeling alive.

5. Get to know yourself MORE.
I thought to add this to the bunch because the person who confided in me thought that she didn't know what she wanted to be or what her strengths are. I thought perhaps, she doesn't know herself too well and the everyday routines are burying her true self. I guess taking a personality test or reading a book that will enhance your talents more will help unclog your perception towards life. Books are always helpful and will always offer wisdom on how to become better people.

6. Treat yourself!
Because you love yourself, you must give yourself that extra measure of LOVE and AFFECTION! Pamper yourself, go to a spa, or get a massage. There's totally nothing wrong!

7. Add humor to your life!!!
I love to laugh. If you know me, my laugh can either annoy you or even make you laugh. I just love to laugh and if you can make me LAUGH (which I've said 4 times already) you will be my new best friend!!! :o) Life is just so much better when you surround yourself with people who can make you happy. It's just the way we are. We work better, we play better, we live better when we're emotionally uplifted.

8. Be thankful for your life.
Complaining won't make life any better. Yes, it's really tough to wake up early everyday or deal with people who require extra measure of grace, but it's tougher if you carry a dark cloud with you. Be thankful for God's blessings. They are everywhere; you just need to be more sensitive to how He blesses you.

Yay! Now if you see yourself doing these things EVERYDAY, I guess we'll have to come up with another set of ideas to spice things up again! HAHA!!!

1 comment:

  1. OH man, I need to get out of some of my routines sometimes a change is so needed. lol.

    ReplyDelete