Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Attitude

Lately I've been sensitive to that word up there. I'm learning much about it and this year, I hope that my attitude towards life, difficulties, disappointments, will be much more positive and . . . chill.

"Life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it." - John Maxwell

When something crazy happens, an internal battle exists that causes havoc. Our heart feels like it's going to bounce off our chest, our emotions create a whirlwind within us and we get disillusioned.

PAUSE. BREATHE.

Pull yourself together. Collect your scattered brain cells and emotions, and realize all that you know to be true and logical. It's the first few minutes that blows, but what we do in the next 3 minutes or 3 hours, should ultimately reflect a positive response, a positive attitude.

Jesus, you keep me sane.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Gingerr! :)

    Reminds me of Phil 2:5. :)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God! Let's encourage each other on this!

      Delete