Friday, May 24, 2013

Sacrilege

Malachi 1:7, 13 (7) “You placed defiled food on my altar. (13) And you say, ‘What a burden!’ and you sniff at it contemptuously,” says the Lord Almighty.

I pondered upon what would constitute as "defiled food" at my Lord's altar and I can count so many things that I've offered to be found guilty of sacrificing mediocre gifts. A surge of conviction came upon me when I read this verse. I imagined myself face to face with God as he tells me how I have forgotten how it is to truly worship Him and how I have reduced His value to a level that suggests that He is not One to be taken seriously. I have given God my time, but the portion of it was the leftover hours of my day. I have given God my wealth, but I prioritized the bills ahead of honoring him with it. Sometimes, things are done, just for the sake of it being done. 

Today at the GDC (Global Discipleship Congress), Ravi Zacharias quoted G. Campbell Morgan in his definition of SACRILEGE. Sacrilege "is at its worse not when taking something that belongs to God and using it profanely,  but when you take something and give it to God when it means absolutely nothing to you."

This gripped the core of my heart. *uuuuugh* 

Has it come to a point when God’s presence doesn’t move me any longer? Has it come to a point when worshipping Him has become a burden to me? Oh dear, be it far from me.


Our time
Our wealth
Our heart
Our passion
Our intellect
Our will
Our strength… God deserves the BEST. Not “defiled” or leftovers, but our BEST.

No comments:

Post a Comment