Saturday, August 25, 2012

Inception

Remember that movie!? I thought about it when I read this quote. It was quite messed up, but in many ways it was relatable.
There was a point in my life when escaping from the real world meant bliss and serenity. Everything was where I wanted it to be and everything was perfect - except that none of it were tangible. The people, the person I wanted, the life, the environment, - these were all choreographed by me.  My mind had created a place that was far more beautiful than my present life.

This dull mindset corrupted my spirit. I had become my own god. I wanted everything perfect but reality did not line up with my expectations, and disappointment crept in.

Eventually, God pulled me out of that. He infused new perspectives and the strength to embrace my present life despite my dislike for it.

Choosing to be thankful is not only Biblical, but therapeutic. It's allows one to see the beauty instead of the bleak picture of life.  That's just the way it is. That's the gift that gratitude gives the spirit.

Disappointments will always be there and our minds will want to shut down and pretend it doesn't exist in reality. But God is there to hold your hand and enable you to bloom where you're planted and stay faithful to the end!

Take one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment