Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"Get Busy Living"


So you know that feeling when you're just waiting for LIFE to happen? Of course you do! You're no robot! Last Sunday the pastor at our church quoted a line from Shawshank Redemption which definitely hit a home run, "Get busy living, or get busy dying."

(Urrrg.)

I am guilty of not living at the present and making the most out of life. I am guilty of wishing I was already THERE when I am not even preparing to get there. I am guilty of letting the days pass me by and being unproductive. And just like that quote, I was basically busy dying.

I am proud to say, however, that I have grown up. I am no longer in that depressing period of my life and I have learned to get up from my seat and get BUSY. I've come a long way to realize all that I know now.

No one is exempt from waiting. All of us have gone through it whether we're waiting in line in the grocery store or we're waiting for that call from a job, we all have experienced waiting in anticipation. What matters most is what you do WHILE waiting. Those are the crucial moments when your character and your faith are tested. It is in those moments when you should prove that you're worth what you're expecting to receive in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment