Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Foundation

We live for God alone. We live to please Him, not ourselves or others. But that doesn't mean that we won't or shouldn't need life words from people.

Two weeks ago, I was going through a phase wherein I wanted to hear affirmation from people who mean a lot to me. Resolving to accept that I cannot force or draw it out from them, I prayed and acknowledged that even if no one approves of me, I am content in knowing that God will never leave me. His love for me is not based on my performance as a Christian or how good I sing or how well I teach. I also recognized that even if people are drawn to you, people are fickle. One day they like you, next, they don't. It's reality, so although we all need life words from people, it is not wise to put people above God. With this as my foundation, I shrugged off my faint heart and went on with confidence. Mind you, sometimes it takes a few days for me to get back on track with God. I'm human. I get sad and when I'm done sulking and processing through my emotions, I know better than to stay stuck in where I am.

We all need affirmation. We all dry up once in a while. But putting God and how He thinks about you as your foundation, creates all other avenues of affirmation weaker.

Principles: God's view of me is my foundation. God has His ways and timing to affirm me. My motivation is not to please people above God. God is the lover of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment