Monday, September 10, 2012

@theCore

Cropped photo; taken from Pinterest (Israel Houghton and New Breed)

I should be home already, but here I am, still at work munching on some boring crackers and staring at my laptop! lol!

I'm done with what I need to do and I'm ready to head out, but I would like to post an entry. Perhaps I'm inspired. 

This song by Israel Houghton has been on my mind for the past few days. As I sing it, I use it as a prayer with a pressing thought, "How does it truly look in a believer when Jesus is at the center of his or her heart? What does it mean?"

I guess I came up with my own observation after much pondering. 

By the Spirit's enabling, the heart, mind, and spirit:
- acknowledge that Jesus is the lover of our souls
- appreciate the value Jesus did for man
- appreciate the beauty of Jesus and His amazing glory
- aligns our perspective with God's
- are surrendered to His leading
- at peace in spite of confusion or chaos
- submissive to His will
- choose to be joyful or thankful
- are willing to obey
- responds to obedience

Evidently, when Jesus is at the center, the Spirit empowers a believer to do things that he or she would not typically do. Hence, a spirit-filled life.

Everyday has to be a commitment to put Jesus at the center. Everyday it's a choice to do the will of the Father because as human beings, we forget. Life gets busy and our minds get preoccupied. It is therefore, no wonder that God never left off the cognitive aspect of loving God because He knows that WE WILL FORGET. I need to remember to pray. I need to remember what I learned. I need to remember to ask Jesus to be at the center of my heart, my mind, my spirit, my body.

God's amazing. He takes us for who we really are and He's patient with us. 

Brothers and sisters, I don't know what your story is, but I want to assure you that if you put Jesus at the center of your heart and your life, He will strengthen you day by day to be a better person. I can't explain how, but He can and He will. Put Him at the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment