Wednesday, September 19, 2012

In Need of Coffee or Savior?

Last night, I volunteered to help in this ministry called 'The Shed' at our church.  As people walked up the steps to grab a cup of coffee, I observed their desire likened of a sinner's thirst for the Divine: we are all in need of a Savior.

The song, None But Jesus, played at the background and it couldn't come at a better time. If everyone acknowledged, it would be an anthem song. I couldn't hold back the urge to well up. I wanted to run to a corner and bask in God's grace as humble reverence to Him. I felt in awe. I felt touched. I felt privileged. But I allowed the emotions to overwhelm me as I greeted everyone with a smile, 'Free brewed coffee!'  People looked at me with a sheepish smile and some with a polite decline of the offer. Some just walked passed me. It didn't matter if they came or not, what dawned one me was that before our King, we were all one and the same.

I am certain that this life I'm living will one day pass. To live in view of eternity changes the way choices are made. All that we believe to be true here on earth should shattered by one truth : were made for Him and we belong to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment