Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Faithfulness


If God is my Creator and I was made for Him, isn’t it only right that my heart and my mind and my soul with all my strength are all meant for Him?  

The art of faithfulness begins with our Maker.  Faithfulness means loyalty and commitment.  It entails trust and perseverance. Faithfulness does not mean when you don't feel it, you don't have it. It doesn't mean that just because you’re not in the mood you’re going to give up.  If we claim to love God, then faithfulness will coincide. Love is not conditional or selective. It is a choice to stay committed.

It is not to say that people no longer have a place in our lives. It is not to say that we no longer need people or that we will never want anything else but God alone. I don't think I can ever claim such because that's legalistic. That’s not being real. That’s being self-righteous. To deny my nature and my design is to be in denial. The point is, if I turn to people in order to gain something that God alone can fill, I'm headed for disaster.

You were made for God. Your heart, your mind, and your soul with all your strength should be faithfully be for God because He is first and foremost the Lover of your soul.

Assess yourself, how faithful have you been with God? Do you only go to Him when you’re not okay? Or do you worship Him in and out of season?

Faithfulness is a commitment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment