Sunday, August 26, 2012

GOD/JESUS = LOVE


While waiting for church service to begin, the Lord reminded me of 1 Corinthians 13, a passage that I did not understand before until I brought God into the equation.

The common saying, "God is love" becomes much more relatable if we switch it up a bit and change the names:"Jesus is love."

Jesus knew everything! He was fully man and lived here for 33 years! He knew the tendencies of the human heart. He knew every thought, every struggle, every pretentious deed, every motive. He took on the chance to get hurt as He spoke to people who praised Him, but secretively hated Him. He took on the chance to be discouraged when He heard every thoughtless whisper as He walked through the streets of His town. He took on the chance to tirelessly pursue the Church even if He knew people were worshipping and serving other gods.

How can this LOVE not overwhelm you?

This kind of love is too good to be true. I have proven myself to be stubborn and unfaithful. I don't think I'll ever meet anyone who will choose to pursue me knowing I have so many indigestible flaws. And if I do meet someone, I don't know how long they'll hold out. With Jesus, I can rest in His love as takes me as I am.

How do I know Jesus loves me?
He holds my hand.
He communicates with me.
He listens to me.
He's patient with me.
He died for me.

JESUS is patient, JESUS is kind. HE does not envy, HE does not boast, HE is not proud. HE does not dishonor others, HE is not self-seeking, HE is not easily angered, HE keeps no record of wrongs. HE does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. HE always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

No comments:

Post a Comment