Friday, January 11, 2013

33:15

Moses knew that the Promised Land was the future. But he desired God's presence more than anything.

It is not simply the awareness that God is around, but the manifestation of His presence in my life. The blessings, the peace, the approval, the power, the grace, the strength and the leading of His presence are (should be) of greater value to me than any other dream or Promised Land.

For the past five days of this Prayer and Fasting week, I have learned that how much we know of God is tested when challenging situations come up. Do we panic as if we do not have Someone who knows the answers? Do we doubt as if we do not have Someone who is wise and all-knowing? Easily, we forget.

Andy Stanley stated that we yield to temptation because we think God is insufficient. If I believe God can satisfy my deepest yearnings, deepest insecurities, and deepest needs how much do I trust that God is simply able? "Able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" (Eph. 4:20). And when I state this verse, I am not just talking about financial needs or earthly blessings, but I am also talking about the non-tangible aspects in life that only a Great Divine can touch.

When I know that God is the Ultimate, I can willingly let go of my pride, fears, or desires for the sake of His presence.

How much of God do I know?
How much of God's presence do I want?
Am I willing to open a clasp hand because I want His presence more than anything?

"and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him front the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms." 
Ephesians 1:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment